The Rowing Banner Exchange
Now there is a free banner exchange programme exclusively for rowing related
sites. For those not familiar with banner exchanges, it is a mechanism where you
display banners of other exchange members on your site, in return your banner is similarly
displayed on other member's sites. The more times you display other members banners,
the more your banner will be displayed. With a common theme this allows visitors to
navigate between rowing related sites.
What You Need
In order to join the banner exchange you will need a banner for your site
that 468 pixels wide and 60 pixels high. The banner must be no more that 10K bytes
in size. An example is shown below
If you do not have a banner nor software to create one, you can use on of
the following web sites to create your own free banner online.
The banner must be placed on your web server and,
your ISP must therefore support remote display of the images (i.e. your graphic on some
one else's web page). Many free ISPs do not allow remote display of images (for
example Xoom substitute a xoom logo in place of your banner). You can check if you
banner will be displayed successfully during the registration process and edit the URL to
a new location if needed.
How to Join
- Create your banner and upload it to your web site.
- Click on the Join
Exchange link here or in the index above.
- You will be asked to supply an id, your site details including the URL of your banner.
- You will be provided with the HTML code to place on your site, copy this code to paste
it into your web pages where banner are to be displayed on your site. You must
change the "XX" in the code to be two digit number (e.g. 01). If you have
more than one Rowing Exchange banner on your site this number must be different for each
- You can also find your HTML code in the members area.
- Your site will then be placed in a queue awaiting approval.
- Top 100 Rowing will then approve your banner to enable it.
- You will be able to make changes to your account details and banner in the members area,
although each time you make changes your site will be put back in the approvals queue.
- Only Rowing related web sites are eligible to join.
- Each time an exchange banner is displayed on a members site they will be credited with
0.5 credit. Each time a members banner is displayed their account will be
decremented by 1 credit.
- New members will be allocated 100 free credits.
- Only one account per web site is permitted.
- Sites re-joining the banner exchange having deleted their accounts will not be
credited with any free credits.
- Sites submitting inappropriate banners for display will be removed and barred from the
Rowing Banner Exchange in future.
- Free credits may be allocated from time to time at the discretion of the Top 100 Admin
- The amount of credit awarded for each banner display by be changed from time to time at
the discretion of the Top 100 Admin team.
to modify your account and banner details or to get the HTML code to place on your web
Copyright Top-100 Rowing